Craziest Stuff Animals Have Eaten

Animals are known to be intelligent, graceful and instinctive. Cats use litter boxes with little coercion. Hell, you find a breed of dog to do just about anything simply because evolution compels them to do so.

For all their fortunes and faithfulness, animals can be real dumb-asses too! Take the curious case of “eating whatever the f^*% I want, whenever the f^*% I want” exhibited by most pets and you will find a general idiocy that most all species share.

So why not highlight a few of the better examples of wtf-did-that-just-happen-why-is-my-pet-such-a-dumb-ass moments in animal history?

Craziest Stuff Animals Have Eaten

We start off with a 9-year-old Weimaraner that is lucky to be alive after a life-threatening encounter with a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle toy.

Bobo the dog was taken to a hospital in Grimsby, UK, after coming down with a mystery ailment that caused him to stop eating.

Veterinary nurse Tracy Nicholson said vets were shocked by what they discovered.

“We carefully removed the item and were amazed to find not only had Bobo swallowed a Kinder Surprise egg but also that a Michelangelo Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle toy was still intact inside,” she told South West News Service.

Bobo survived the extraction and enjoys his second lease on life, in search of more weird shit to eat.

What The Duck?!

The story goes that a mother with a dog named Woof called the vet saying her dog had eaten a rubber duck. For months, the mother noticed her 3-year-old son’s rubber duckies kept going missing. She would eventually buy him another one.

One day, while the mother was giving her son a bath, the family pup came in and ate the boy’s rubber duck right in front of them. The mother rushed the dog to the vet where the doctor found four other rubber duckies. The vet surgically removed the rubber ducks, along with a toy truck and a piece of another unidentified toy, and the duck-free pup made a full recovery.

You Will Never Look At A Pair Of Wet Socks The Same

A 3-year-old Great Dane was taken to the vet after he started vomiting. X-rays showed a great amount (pun intended) of foreign material in the pup’s stomach.

After exploratory surgery, the family was shocked to find out that their dog had eaten 43.5 socks! Yes, forty-three and a half socks. Fortunately, the dog was fine and happy and back at home in a matter of days.

Cats Do Love String

This next one is a little difficult to decipher, but we wanted to contrast the overwhelming stupidity of the K-9 species by showing a cat that bit off a bit more than it could swallow. The image showcases what happens when you try to ingest something that is the length of your entire body. Silly cat…


These lists could go on for days, but we still want to know: have you had such a crazy adventure with animal digestive tracts? Have you a horror story and the physical evidence to back it up (like our stomachs after seeing said evidence)? We want to see it! Comment below and come visit us on Facebook!